Thursday, September 6, 2007

Yay I have stuff

My stuff came today. Well most of it anyway. One box is still listed as in transit with FedEx so it’s not lost yet, but as soon as I received email that the other 14 boxes were delivered I rushed right home and dragged them all inside. I only opened a couple but the expensive desktop that I was worried about most came through without a scratch. As soon as I figure out which box the power cable and monitor is in I will try to turn it on, assuming one of the monitor’s survived shipment.

I am not a spiritual or religious person, but if I were I imagine the gates of heaven would look something like this. The damn place was built a few months ago and I had been passing the mall with the Starbucks on my way to work for the last 2 days without even knowing it. It is too new for my GPS to know about but Google wasn’t fooled. Well ok it did confuse a closer Krispy Kreme Doughnuts with a Starbucks but there is room in my world for both.

Tomorrow I will spend most of the day visiting the 2 local colleges and the one in Salt Lake City to convince the deans of the computer science departments to give us some interns. I know Utah Valley University has a game theory degree and hopefully those students will realize the value of game industry experience. We have plenty of room in the building my goal is to get a few artists and scripter’s to work with us at least till winter break.

No comments: