Sunday, September 30, 2007

Camo cat

I am susceptible to short periods of laziness lasting only as long as minor obstacles present themselves, so downpours of rain and hail are enough to deter me from making a trek through the woods 2 weeks in a row. I've been extremely lucky all my life, which is why I must seek reasons outside of coincidence for this latest pattern of weekend rain. If the great men of science from the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster can diagnose the reason for global warming, surely through abstract science I can determine the reason for these unusual downpours in the desert.

I have hard evidence that Utah was crime free prior to my arrival. In addition I've been told that Utah has been experiencing an extreme drought for the last 6 years. If you can believe that my arrival did not in itself introduce a shady element, which I know is a stretch, then you can infer that the amount of crime is directly proportional to the rain. Which only by coincidence has started on the exact date of my landing in Salt Lake.

I give you a simple game store owner, content in his grim existence devoid of female distractions. Had I not been giving an intern a ride home who knew of the stores location I would not have found it despite my GPS telling me I had arrived. The store you see was devoid of signage. This perturbed me. Why would a store owner run a business establishment without proper signage? I was about to put this inquiry to the grim proprietor, when the intern stopped me and in doing so probably saved my life. You see only weeks prior someone had stolen the large signage over his shop and he was extremely grumpy in regards to anyone bringing up the subject.

Those of you who read this blog in the security that you have seen your last cat may want to stop here, for now I bring you some photos at the request of my family. My sister asked me what do I see when I open my front door. She was disappointed with the answer being the door across the hall, however if I walk down half a flight of stairs onto the sidewalk I am presented with this site.

My mom was wondering how I live, so following is a photo of one of the items I picked up this weekend to make this place feel more like home.

Since this isn't just my home, here is a closeup of the other resident blending into the new furniture.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Every time I see a picture of your cat, I'm gonna not read your blog for a week.

Slava Zatuchny said...

You can't sees camo cat