Friday, September 7, 2007

Have car will travel

Comcast is coming next Tuesday to install an 8 Mbps connection in my apartment, until then some of my neighbors with wireless routers have been kind enough to let me borrow some bandwidth. Last night however the connections were unreachable which is why I missed my daily post. I am sure I will think of better reasons in the future.

My car rental ran out today. I was faced with the option of leasing a Dodge Caliber, Buying a used vehicle or financing a new car. I don’t much like Dodge and the lease was way too high for a car I don’t really want. I looked at some used cars in my price range and none of them sounded like they would last the year. It’s not that I didn’t trust the used car salesmen, but I disagree that the engine light being on was cosmetic. I’ve heard that the winters can be brutal in Utah and I always loved the Subaru brand that everyone in my family drives so I picked the Impreza 5 door model.
For a 4 cylinder model the car has plenty of power and little gadgets standard like a plug for an IPod should I ever get one, and gas mileage readout. I didn’t take the most efficient rout according to my GPS to work today but the mileage display told me I could go to work and home 35 times before needing to fill up.

I live fairly close to the office and have a very quick and easy commute except for one damn stop sign that I can’t seem to obey no matter how much I prepare for it. I have no idea why anyone would put a stop sign there anyway, it’s not like there is an intersection or anything important.

No comments: