Monday, September 10, 2007

Burning the midnight oil

At 10:40PM I am here with the designer and 2 of the coders, testing new builds as they go up on the internal server. I expect we will be here well past midnight. I sometimes look at my watch but not because I am anxious to leave, I worry that time is passing too quickly and there is so much to do. I have read blogs from other game developers who sound jaded after working yet another 14 hour shift during crunch time because their game absolutely has to be out by the end of the month. This is why I really enjoy working at startup companies. Everyone here is new and fresh and has more to gain the then 201st person at a large studio. Our game will not be out this month or even next, and no one will complain about yet another shift well into the night as long as a bug free patch can go up for our players.

No comments: