Monday, September 3, 2007

So this is Utah?

I have been here for 3 days now and still have much to do before I am settled.
I now own a microwave, a futon, 1 metal chair and a folding table. The last 2 serving as my computer desk.

My apartment seems small for 1100 sq feet but the agent claims that is the correct size. I am going to have to measure it later. The cat refuses to live in the guest bedroom and the master bedroom isn't going to be large enough for both of us if he keeps trying to push me off this little futon. I need to buy a larger bed and soon.

I tried to go to work today but after spending an hour on the steps decided that people were not coming in on Labor Day as they had promised they would Friday. I will not have a key to the building till tomorrow.

The mountains are taunting me and I finally had enough, I drove as far as I could, got out and started walking. I must be more out of shape then I thought. After only half an hour I was completely out of breath, it is probably a good thing because I saw large piles of poop that could have been bear poop as easily as anything else. After hearing some noise in the bushes which I later found out were a pair of man eating dear I decided to head back down.
Mountain 1, Slava 0

I didn't want to be defeated by nature on my first trip out so I decided to drive across town to the lake and the sight was worth the trip. This picture doesn't do it justice. I've also never seen so many bugs in my life.




No comments: