Sunday, June 8, 2008

I'm still here and so is this blog

I don't know why I decided to walk to the movie theatre today. Perhaps it was the price of gas or the weather. Maybe I was inspired by the latest movie I watched, which seems unlikely since it was about a little midget thief posing as a baby. More than likely I just wanted some time to think, which can be difficult while driving in the valley.

Many thoughts came and went as I made the five mile trek to see a disappointing installment of the Indiana Jones series. How much longer am I going to be stuck in this state, where should I go next? Should I take some of the opportunities opening up to me in the game industry? Why do my feet hurt so damn bad? I wonder if that girl driving by was checking out my ass and why did she have a sour look on her face?

Ultimately my only decision was to stop procrastinating and start up this blog again. I want to thank everyone for their support.

I'm still here, still frustrated with my coworkers inability to keep up with my promotions. While I am no longer sure if I will see this project to the end, I am not giving up yet. 2500 new players joined Saga today, and while many left due to crashes and bugs still present in the game, others will come and the bugs will be dealt with to whatever degree this crew can. Hopefully someday soon a large publisher will take notice of all the people coming and offer to take this game off our hands and do it right, or at least take notice of me and make me an offer I can't refuse.

Till then I'll be spending more 24 hour nights in front of the screen, managing promotions and player expectations. With the help of my trusty companion who stayed up all night helping.


This one's for you Phil, and damn be your curse.

No comments: