Monday, June 9, 2008

Things I am thankful for

Sometimes it is important to take a moment in life to reflect on things you are thankful for.

Sonic is a restaurant which tries to take customers back to the era of drive in restaurants. Each parking spot at Sonic has a menu and intercom you can use to place your order. After a few minutes a cute girl would roll out to your car on skates with order in hand and a tray in case you felt like making a mess in your front seat.

The drive through line winds around the entire lot, ending in an exactly 1 intercom you can use to place your oder and wait for it to be made and brought out to you. Grateful for the four cars in front of me, I had some time to contemplate on what I was thankful for this day.

This stick, which helped me limp home yesterday after my 8 mile walk to the movies. I found it leaned up against a tree, next to a small dam that had a narrow lip I was able to use to climb to the other side to continue my journey.

Sonic, for having a $2.50 latte and an all day breakfast menu. Also being intelligent enough, never to wait in the drive through line again.

Mythbusers, for proving that even with gas prices approaching $10 a gallon, it is still cheaper to run the AC than drive with the windows down. Thank God Almighty for Mythbusters.

Yes I've been in Utah too long

No comments: