Thursday, December 27, 2007

Absurdity

When your success depends mostly on your imagination and of course the ability to recognize and execute on good ideas sometimes the most fantastic imaginings flutter by. To stay on focus I don’t let my mind wander too far, but inevitably a series of conversations around me spawn such horrific beasts I hasten to slay them for fear of dwelling on them too long.

Ordinarily I would never share any of my fantastic journeys, but I’ve already shared so much so why not reveal just a glimpse of the thoughts I need to wade through to get to the good marketing idea’s that I now nurture.

Today we on the way to lunch we had a conversation about donating to good causes, and how much money it takes to save a life of a child in Africa. One of my coworkers having lived most of his life in Africa was able to confirm first hand that even the small amount of donations from America ware actually doing a lot of good there. We then talked about a movie that just came out, “Charlie Wilson's War". How Charlie Wilson was able to raise 1 billion dollars to fight a war in Afghanistan but was unable to raise another penny for humanitarian efforts afterwards. Before we were done with lunch the conversation drifted to the US war in Iraq and what a royal fuck up that turned out to be.

On the way home my mind started to drift and here is just one thought that fluttered by. Please don’t hold it against me for I have no control over these things and would never even consider starting an organization for the cause.

Combining all 3 previous conversations I thought. If it is so easy to fund military efforts, instead of sending food to Africa, let’s send guns, lots and lots of guns. Then we can tell the people that all the food is in Iraq, the Taliban have it.

Yes I know, it was a cruel thought and was around for but an instant. I have hundreds of these every day, most of which I am unaware of. However when time allows they keep me entertained better then any movie could. Scared yet?

Dad, I know as soon as you read this your going to call and lecture me on the absurdity of this idea. Please don’t. Also I am fully aware that I am trying to make a living selling virtual property. It’s not the same.

No comments: