Monday, June 30, 2008

Back from the Con

I’ll post a more detailed account of this week’s events later but since I can’t sleep on this plane I figure I’d write up a summary of the last few days.

While I type I find myself wondering, what is justifiable homicide? Surely the kid sitting next to me for the first leg of my flight trying to figure out exactly how long he can keep a very large coin spinning would fall into that category. I also wonder if I can get arrested for taking pictures of little boys. The convention was actually not as difficult as I first imagined. While I felt like I would lose my voice at some point on Friday, contracting the worst case of diarrhea that I have ever had in my life, totally took my mind off my throat. Half a bottle of Pepto Bismol seemed to have fixed both problems by Saturday morning.

Our booth was right behind the Pokemon pavilion and I quickly got into the spirit. Although luckily enough only one kid under 18 insisted on talking to me the entire convention, he later returned and purchased $100 worth of product.
The night life was a welcome change from Utah. Even though the average person looked like this the weirder ones stayed away from the bars.
We had a lot of our Saga players stop by to say hello, maybe because they give me money or maybe because of the drinks they bought for me I am going to say they are decent folk.
I suspect they thought that if I got drunk enough I would divulge some secrets about the upcoming expansion, but I am a professional.

No comments: