Thursday, July 17, 2008

Holy Hell

It’s nice to know that Utah can still surprise me. I mean in a pleasant way.

Today was Day one of the Geex Convention. A con I did not wish to go to and predicted would have less than 1000 people attending. I was so blasé over the event, I completely forgot to bring an extension cord and power strip for my demo setup. After finding out that a rental for both would be $98, (and mind you this is for RENTING a 15 foot extension cord and power strip that they actually wanted it back in working order) I decided to make the trek that unbeknownst to me would take an hour and have me walking for miles, I went off in search of a mall that supposedly housed an Office Depot.

The mall I found was pretty incredible. It reminded me of the outdoor mall my friend Phil lives in but better, because this one had an IMAX theatre, was way cleaner, with blocks of fountains, and prices for apartments above the mall that I could someday soon afford. The only thing that could have made it better was if it had shops I actually wanted to patronize or restaurants I would eat at.

Then there was the time yesterday when I was driving fairly quickly, trying to get out of the seedier part of town when I caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye that made me spin around giving myself whiplash screaming HOLY HELL WTF WAS THAT. Some guy had set up rows of metal animal sculptures all over an empty parking lot. It was rather terrifying and intriguing at the same time.




You better not cry, you better not pout, Rudolph the rain dear is coming and he's gona eat ya.
Phil this one's for you. You need a new Monkey.

No comments: