Sunday, October 7, 2007

Netflix

I am holding firm in my determination to remain cable TV free for the duration of my stay in Utah. I realize my personality is highly susceptible to distractions and having the ability to plop down on my couch will have me wasting many hours that could be used more fruitfully.

I do however realize that the absolute lifestyle isn’t for me and for this reason I have decided to order Netflix . The way I see it, this will actually save me time because I won’t be as tempted to see every single flick that comes to the big screen, because it’s difficult to resist at $4.50 for the matinee shows.

The service is great for casual movie watchers, but the rating system is inadequate for movie lovers like myself and my friend Joe. The rating system is based on 1 to 5 stars, 1 or 2 and you hate it, 3 to 5 go from liked it to loved it. Unfortunately this system will not be able to determine which movies I enjoy based on my choices which I either don’t rate due to not having seen them or rate at 4 or 5 stars. I really love movies, all movies really in the genres I tent to see.

What I really need is a 6th star for movies that were super awesome good such as all the resident Evil movies and anything starring Tom Hanks and then a 7th star where I would place such movies as the Matrix and Lord of the rings.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I really love movies, all movies really in the genres I tent to see."

Please don't tell us which genres have this effect on you.