Sunday, October 7, 2007

Addendum

I feel it is important to add to the post bellow that the reason why I was so disappointed with the Christians who thought it was their duty to heckle the Mormons is that there is one main difference between Mormons and Christians.

The “original” Christians believe that God, Christ and the Holy Ghost are both separate and the same deity and that how this can be true is beyond human understanding. Mormons (who are also Christians) believe that they are just separate, which makes a lot more sense to me. People die over such small differences in another part of the world. I’ll be damned if I’m going to support such behavior in my America.

What I was really thinking as I drove away, was that I would love to see these same people fly to Israel and try the same tactics at a Synagogue in front of Jews who have decided to never turn the other cheek again.

Their comments were simply ignorant and nothing that day made me feel a greater appreciation for the Mormon religion then watching them walk calmly past these individuals in such great numbers.

It also was unfair for me to state that the “entire” session was an infomercial with no persons attempting to deliver a moral message as is common for a religious gathering.

In fact the show began with an apostle who was likely in his 90’s attempting to deliver just such a speech, however he was shaking badly within 3 minutes requiring another apostle to physically support him from behind. Despite his obvious pain the man persevered and delivered his entire message although to me it was unintelligible. Still his determination was admirable.

No comments: